Home| Tour| Solutions | Courses | Help | Login |
Online Language and Communication Skills Training
Communicating Professionally: North America
Contact Us to Order this Course
USA Culture and Communication Package - Performance Level
This course helps learners communicate professionally in North America. It presents the communication styles of Americans in a workplace culture, with explanations about cultural differences and exercises to practice recording.
Each scenario illustrates a verbal interaction around a specific competency. The scenarios are chosen to show how people from different cultures express meaning in different ways.
The scenarios and competencies presented are:
- Building Relationships (greetings, social contact, small talk)
- Active Listening (understanding customer needs)
- Approaching a Co-Worker (topic shifts)
- Asking for Assistance (courtesy, assumptions)
- Acknowledging an Error (receiving feedback)
- Working Out a Problem A & B (handling conflict)
- Standing Your Ground (refusing a request to break rules)
The course is designed for learners with a range of English competency from intermediate (B1) to fluent (C2).
The modules can be taken in any order and repeated as often as needed. This course can be used together with USA Culture and Communication - Preparation which covers Regional Accents, Culture through Stories, and Geography.
This course will take approximately 6 to 8 hours to complete.
Trainers can check learner progress for completion.
Copyright 2018 LearningBranch Inc.
All rights reserved
Share this item: